Date held: July 17, 2008
Retirement Income IQs:
How Knowledgeable Are Pre-Retirees About
Retirement Income Issues?
Duration: 1 hour
- Sandra Timmermann, Director, MetLife Mature Market Institute
- Dallas Salisbury, President & CEO, Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI)
Five years after the release of MetLife’s first Retirement Income IQ Test, a national poll to gauge pre-retirees’ knowledge of retirement income issues, MetLife again tested individuals’ knowledge about some of the most important issues they need to address as they approach retirement. This presentation, led by Dr. Sandra Timmermann of MetLife’s Mature Market Institute, will showcase findings from MetLife’s newly-released 2008 Retirement Income IQ Test, including whether or not there are still misconceptions among Americans about how much time they will spend in retirement and what needs to be done to ensure that they will have a steady stream of income once they stop working.
The presentation will also feature Dallas Salisbury of EBRI, who will discuss the current retirement landscape and the challenges -- and opportunities -- faced by companies in an era of escalating costs and increased personal responsibility on part of individuals. He will also focus on the implications of the study findings, which point to a need for greater education, advice and guidance as individuals approach retirement.
This information can help HR and retirement plan decision-makers, brokers and consultants better understand the challenges faced by individuals as they transition into retirement including:
- How much time pre-retirees believe they will spend in retirement?
- How much income pre-retirees believe they will need once they stop working?
- How much money pre-retirees believe they can draw down each year from their retirement savings?
- What can employers do to help their employees be better prepared for retirement?
Presented by Metropolitan Life Insurance Company New York, NY 10166.
The following registration information will be transmitted to MetLife for attendance results and for communications solely related to the web seminar and will not be used for any other purpose.
L06087894(exp1209) (All States)
Metropolitan Life Insurance Company
New York, NY 10166
Back to Top